Decision Day

 My initial impressions of InDesign and Premier Pro after participating in the class tutorials were conflicting. I had a lot of trouble navigating both but more with Premier Pro, leading me to choose InDesign and do the magazine for my project. Although after watching the tutorials it became easier to use them and more fun to do. These programs may play a role in helping me deliver my story and specific components of each program and how they may assist me because it can help my project look professional and complex. However, they may also restrict my quality because I am still figuring out how to use each program. I will watch more tutorials and use more information to perfect my skills on each program. 

Telling my story is important for example Wyane R. Cherry says, “The Four Cs of critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity go hand in hand with storytelling projects in the classroom.” this shows that story telling whether it is in a magazine or movie sequence, it helps our brains and imaginations work harder to achieve our goal. He also says, Whether it is the story of a fugitive slave in American history, a retelling of a classical myth, or a fresh new piece of fan fiction, students working individually or in groups and using the Four Cs will produce fantastic results.” This is exciting because I am happy to be working in a group so that we can get the results we want and make the overall experience more fun. 

I am leaning towards doing a magazine because I like the program more and have a better understanding on how to use it more than Premier Pro. Also, the magazine gives me a chance to play with fonts and colors which I find more interesting. Franklin says, “The Internet has created easier access to readers, more diverse channels for promotion and funding, and a greater variety of publishing formats than ever before. Those magazines willing and able to adapt to the new literary landscape are poised to break fresh ground, and may end up saving the future of the lit mag.” This gives me information that magazines are going out of style but have been able to adapt.

 I believe it would be better to do a magazine because it has more information than a film sequence would, and it allows you to plat with fonts and images. I have to learn how to better use InDesign before I start but I believe I can be more creative with a magazine and add what I want in there. I also, decided this because I had a lot more trouble using Premier Pro and I think magazines are more interesting to me.  

Comments